Limited Ingredient Product Description:
Youthful Returns® products are food or beverage products and not a treatment or cure for any medical disorder or disease. If you have any questions relating to immune or digestive health, you should consult a healthcare professional.
Youthful Returns® Functional Beverage Blend is a custom blend of just three high quality functional ingredients. That’s right, just three ingredients, each with an important function; no flavors and no fillers!
Ingredient #1: Spray dried egg, an excellent source of highly bioavailable nutrients. According to the Egg Nutrition Center: Eggs are a nutrient goldmine!
- One large egg has varying amounts of 13 essential vitamins and minerals, high-quality protein, all for 70 calories.
- While egg whites contain some of the eggs’ high-quality protein, riboflavin and selenium, the majority of an egg’s nutrient package is found in the yolk. Nutrients such as:
- Vitamin D, critical for bone health and immune function. Eggs are one of the only foods that naturally contain vitamin D.
- Choline, essential for normal functioning of all cells, but particularly important during pregnancy to support healthy brain development of the fetus.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin, antioxidants that are believed to reduce the risk of developing cataracts and slow the progression of age-related macular degeneration, a disease that develops with age.”
Eggs contain a number of nutrients that are essential throughout the lifespan:
- High-quality protein contains building blocks needed to support healthy bones and muscles. Research suggests that exercise, along with optimal protein intake, can slow the effects of sarcopenia or chronic age-related muscle loss.
- Choline is essential for normal liver function and brain health. It is especially important during pregnancy to support normal fetal growth and development, and most pregnant women do not consume adequate amounts of choline. Consuming eggs during pregnancy is one solution to choline consumption issues.
Each serving of Youthful Returns® Functional Beverage Blend contains (in a spray dried form) the equivalent of about 1/3 of a large egg.
Please learn more at: http://www.eggnutritioncenter.org
Ingredient #2: Short chain fructan fiber (scFOS) is a unique and highly functional prebiotic.
From Ingredion, the maker of our scFOS:
- “Support digestive health with proven-effective prebiotic fiber"
- One of the most effective prebiotic fibers and the purest form of short-chain fructooligosaccharide (scFOS™) available on the market today, NUTRAFLORA™ prebiotic fiber helps increase the levels of good bacteria in the large intestine and is scientifically proven to support digestive health. The unparalleled effectiveness of NUTRAFLORA®prebiotic fiber is built on a foundation of more than 200 studies and 20 years of research.”
 Hidaka K, Eida T, Takizawa T, Tokunaga T, Tashiro Y. Effects of fructooligosaccharides on intestinal flora and human health. Bifidobacteria Microflora 1986 5(1):37-50. Additional citations available upon request.
Please learn more at: www.ingredion.us/Ingredients/ProductPages/NUTRAFLORA.html
Ingredient #3: Bacillus coagulans GBI-30 6086
- The World Health Organization (WHO) defines probiotics as “live microorganisms, which, when taken in adequate amounts, offer a health benefit.”
From our friends at Ganeden, the developer and manufacturer of our probiotic:
- “The Immune / Digestive Connection Your immune and digestive systems - like two peas in a pod. Scientists are learning that your digestive system is responsible for a lot more than, well, digestion. For example: An astounding 70 percent of your immune system is housed in this intricate structure. It makes sense then that a healthy digestive system benefits the immune system, and scientists are uncovering how.
- The immune cells in your digestive tract share their space with a community of over 400 species of naturally occurring bacteria – some helpful, some harmful. Keeping a healthy level of these “good” bacteria, or probiotics, is one key to maintaining your digestive and immune health. How can you ensure that you've got a good balance of bacteria in your gut? A healthy diet low in sugar and refined foods is the first step toward healthy intestines, and therefore a healthy immune system. A great safeguard is to regularly consume probiotics, like GanedenBC30, that may help support your immune system by keeping the levels of the good vs. bad bacteria in balance…creating an optimal environment for your immune system to function.
- Research demonstrates that GanedenBC30 is a great choice for a probiotic with an immune-boosting kick. When the body is presented with various antigens (bad guys), GanedenBC30 has been shown to help the body make the right choices to defend itself. Multiple studies also show that GanedenBC30positively affects a large number of blood markers in the body that correlate to an overall healthier immune system.”
Please learn more at: www.ganedenbc30.com/health/immune_health